16:03 13th Jun, 2014
Karbonn Announces Its Low-Cost Android Powered A50s At Rs 2,790
The phone will be sold exclusively through Flipkart, but there's still no word on the exact launch date.
Homegrown mobile device manufacturer Karbonn has announced its ultra low-cost A50s smartphone in India at a price of Rs. 2,790. The device runs on Google's Android 4.2 Jelly Bean will be sold exclusively through online retailer Flipkart.
The dual SIM A50s features a 3.5-inch TFT LCD display, with a resolution of 320x480 pixels. The device is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek processor, along with just 256 MB of RAM. Internal storage stands at a measley 512MB, but can be expanded to a maximum of 32GB via a microSD card.
Karbonn's A50s houses a 2MP primary camera with an LED flash module at the rear and even gets a 0.3MP front-facing shooter. In terms of connectivity, the phone lacks 3G, but gets Wi-fi, GPRS/ EDGE and GPS. The battery is small and is rated at just 1100mAh, but considering the small screen size and low power components, should provide adequate battery life.
Just as Karbonn launched its Titanium Hexa smartphone exclusively through the online retail route, the company has done the same with its A50s. The phone will be sold exclusively through Flipkart, but this could severely mar the reach of the phone.
While Flipkart's reach isn't know fully, it would be safe to assume that most buyers of devices in the price band either don't have access to the internet or simply don't shop online. Moreover, the company won't be able to cater to users in tier 2 and tier 3 cities where Flipkart has a limited reach.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets