12:34 25th Mar, 2014
Pebble Proves That The Smartwatches Are Here To Stay
The company sold over a 400,000 smartwatches in 2013.
Starting off as a KickStarter campaign, Pebble surely has come a long way. The company has proved the world that smartwatches are here to stay. With Pebble announcing its second generation smartwatch, the competition seems to be heating up.
In an interview to Mashable, Pebbles’ CEO Eric Migicovsky commented, "When we started working on wearables six years ago, there were few players in the space and a lot of skeptics,". When speaking about Google stepping into the smartwatch game, he said that "It's exciting to see this market grow so quickly — enabling more interesting use cases and keeping all of us laser-focused on creating the very best user experiences we can."
In 2013, Pebble sold over a 400,000 Pebble smartwatches. This is quite an achievement considering that this product category is still in its nascent stages. We guess, this is the reason for Google to enter the smartphone market.
Pebble’s version 2.0 saw the launch of its own app store with over a thousand apps. Considering that it’s just a smartwatch the number is quite sufficient if you ask us. The big question is, will Pebble move over to Android Wear? Or prefer to fight the giant by concentrating on its own platform.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000