19:27 24th Apr, 2013
Lenovo K900 Handset Launching Soon, With 13 MP Camera And Atom Processor
This Android x86-driven smartphone surpassed Samsung's Galaxy S4 in recent Antutu benchmark tests.
The Intel Clover Trail processor driven Lenovo IdeaPhone K900, that was showcased at the Consumer Electronics Show in January (CES 2013) has at last got a launch date. The Lenovo K900 which is touted as the "competitor" to Samsung's latest flagship, the GALAXY S4, is all set to begin sales in China from May 6, according to a GSM Insider report. Lenovo K900 can be expected in India soon after its tryst with China, as this device is primarily targeting Asia.
The smartphone has a 1080p display and a 13 MP rear camera, which is one of its defining aspects. The device will run Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. Another aspect to trigger widespread interest, is the Lenovo K900 outperforming the Samsung GALAXY S4 in the AnTuTu Benchmark tests last month. The Lenovo K900 would be one of the first Intel x86-based Android devices with quad-core-like processing. The presence of HyperThreading makes for 4 simultaneous threads, and Intel must be hoping it makes a big splash, selling at least as well as the pioneering Xolo X900 of last year, if not better.
As for the tech-specs, Lenovo K900 offers:
- 5.5" IPS display protected by Gorilla Glass 2
- 1920x1080 Full-HD resolution, ~401 ppi density
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system
- 2 GHz dual-core processor, Intel Atom Z2580 (x86 chipset of Clover Trail+ family)
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU (relatively weaker than the top-end)
- 13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32 GB)
- Wi-Fi dual-band, Bluetooth, A-GPS connectivity
- Li-ion 2500 mAh battery
The actual performance/speed and battery life this phone can offer, will be keenly watched to see how it measures-up to ARM-based chips. Nothing is said about the pricing details of Lenovo K900 as of now, however I'd say the hardware and branding should place it around the Rs 30,000 range.
- Top 5 Indian Monuments You Can Visit Using Google's StreetView
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2015)
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (August, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Earphones Under Rs 1000