12:26 28th Feb, 2013
Adobe Photoshop Touch Now On iOS / Android Smartphones, Besides Tablets
The app can be downloaded for Rs 270 from Apple iTunes Store and Google Play.
Adobe Photoshop Touch is now available for mobile phones running Android and Apple iOS platforms, besides Apple iPod Touch devices. The app was previously available for Android/iOS tablets already. This new mobile version will feature options such as layers, advanced selection tools, adjustments and filters.
Adobe in a blog post says, "Photoshop touch for phones is an amazing application that will enable you to create, enhance and edit Photoshop imagery using the tools you already know, whilst on the go. Now you will never lose the creative thought." Adobe also says all functionality of the tablet version of Photoshop Touch, will be present in the mobile version.
A snapshot of Adobe Photoshop Touch
Apart from the standard Photoshop image editing tools such as Healing Brush and Blur, Painting tools, Selection Tools and Magic Wand Tool, the following features can be used in the mobile version of Photoshop Touch.
- Scribble Touch: Lets you use your finger or a stylus to quickly draw on the foreground object you want to keep and the background you want to delete.
- Camera Fill: Create beautiful textured backgrounds and layers along with adding live lighting effects in real time.
- Cloud Storage support: Save your work on the cloud, or transfer to the Photoshop Desktop version. Adobe provides up to 2GB of cloud storage this time around.
Adobe Photoshop Touch for mobiles has platform version requirements - Android 4.0 or higher, iOS 6.0 or higher. It can be downloaded from Apple iTunes Store and Google Play respectively.
The Apple side of the fence is predictable, so the app is compatible with the following Apple devices - iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod Touch.
Photoshop Touch for Mobiles may not be for everyone though - the size of the phone's display could be a constraint, as one would require a fair bit of expertise to use the app on the smaller screens seen on phones, as compared to people using Photoshop on larger displays such as on tablets and desktops.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000