11:11 26th Feb, 2013
MWC 2013: Samsung Galaxy Star Rumoured To Be Unveiled
The device runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.
The low end smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Star is expected to be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress 2013 (MWC 2013). SamMobile says that the launch of the Galaxy Star is confirmed and also makes mentions about the device being called as "New Galaxy Y".
This low-end smartphone is reported to arrive in the Scarlet Black variant and is expected to incorporate a 3" display. It is likely to be a first at MWC this year, as manufacturers are busy rolling out their respective high-end smartphones. The size of the display makes it smaller in comparison to larger phablets that have a 5" display. Other specifications reportedly going to be incorporated in the Samsung Galaxy Star are:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
- 2 MP camera
- 4 GB internal storage
- expandable upto 32GB with microSD card
- Micro USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
Samsung Galaxy Star's pricing details aren't known at this stage. But considering its tech specs, we know that it is a low-end phone smartphone except for its Android Jelly Bean operating system.
Meanwhile, the successor to Samsung's famous Galaxy S3, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumoured to be launched on 14th March.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets