Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:03 08th Nov, 2011
Armed Robbers Exfil 6000 MW3 Copies In France
Masked duo whisks away 400,000 euro shipment of the latest Call of Duty game, black-ops style.
Despite all of Battlefield 3's hype, the Call of Duty madness refuses to die. If the bidding madness over the prematurely sold Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) copies wasn't weird enough, two scary blokes from France have stolen a truckload of the game's shipment.
At 8 AM on Sunday, a car crashed into a van transporting unspecified video game cargo worth 400,000 euros just outside Paris. The two men driving the van were reportedly "sprayed with tear gas" by a pair of masked robbers. Being French, the guards didn't fight back, allowing the criminals to virtually walk - or in this case drive - away with the cargo van. Later, AFP (Agence France Presse) reported that the shipment contained 6000 copies of the latest Call of Duty game.
The status of the stolen copies is unknown at the moment, but they will eventually show up in online shops. Just don't expect these copies to sell for record prices though, as the game's official launch is schedued for today. All said and done, I must admit that pulling a proper black op such as this one is closest to the ethos of the game.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000