04:16 03rd Sep, 2018
IFA 2018: Sony Unveils FES Watch U
The smartwatch is based on an e-paper display.
Sony made its presence felt at IFA 2018. In the wearables category, the Japanese brand announced the FES Watch U. The watch utilises e-paper technology for better customisation and battery life.
The company has slapped the flexible e-paper display on both the screen and strap. So, you apply a new theme, the entire watch changes its look. It comes with a range of over 100 different pre-loaded designs. The only catch here is that it is all in grey. So, you can't really match the colour of your clothes.
The FES Watch U has a narrow frame with a stainless-steel case and buckle. Inside this frame is the single piece of e-Paper.
This fashion accessory will be available in silver with mineral glass as well as in premium black with sapphire glass with anti-reflection coating and titanium ion-plating for high scratch resistance.
The FES watch U is Android and iOS compatible, has a rechargeable, long-lasting battery and has a IPX5/7 rating for water resistance.
The FES Watch U is currently available in Japan and China. It will reach the European shores in September with a starting price of approximately £529.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000