Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:20 24th Dec, 2017
OnePlus May 'Face' Court Over Face Unlock Feature
American company SensibleVision claims that OnePlus infringes on its patents.
OnePlus 5T is one of the first few Android smartphones to get the face recognition technology right. Unlike the Note 8, this handset cannot be easily fooled when it comes to security. Unfortunately, for OnePlus, this very technology could land it in a legal trouble. A Florida-based company SensibleVision claims that OnePlus might be using some of its patented technologies.
The iPhone X's Face ID tech is powered by infrared camera, dot projector, flood illuminator, and ambient light sensor. On the other hand, the OnePlus 5T pulls off similar results by using nothing more than a front-facing camera backed by clever algorithms. It makes up for the lack of complex sensors by using its display as means of illumination.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000