Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:39 17th Nov, 2017
OnePlus 5T: Old Wine In A New Bottle
The latest "flagship killer" retains most of the specs, but flaunts a new design.
Putting rest to the rumours, the OnePlus 5T is finally official. The successor of the OnePlus 5 comes with a fancy new design and better specs.
Catching up with the thin-bezel trend, the Chinese company has opted for a 18:9 display ratio. You get a 6-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 2106 ×1080 pixels.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 835 chipset. It comes in 6 GB and 8 GB RAM variants. It comes with a dual camera setup on the back. The primary sensor is 16-megapixel while the depth sensor is of 20-megapixel. It can recod 4K videos at 30 fps or capture HD slow motion videos at 120 fps. For selfies, OnePlus has opted for a 16-megapixel sensor.
To accomodate bigger screen, OnePlus has moved the fingerprint sensor at the back. The phone also gets a face-unlock feature, which comes in handy if the phone is placed on a table.
The dual-SIM handset supports 4G VoLTE, dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC. The 3300 mAh battery comes with Dash Charge technology for faster charging times.
The OnePlus 5T will run Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7. It will be upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo). In India, the phone will be available via OnePlus stores and Amazon India. The 6 GB RAM variant is priced Rs 32,999. For 8 GB RAM model, you will have to spend Rs 37,999.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000