20:34 04th Oct, 2017
Amazon Launches Echo Speakers In India; Price Starts At Rs 4,499
The Indian version gets an Indian accented voice output.
Amazon has today launched its Echo line of wireless speakers, which are powered by the company’s very own voice assistant Alexa, in India with price tags starting from Rs 4,499.
The three variants launched in the country include the basic variant Echo Dot, the regular model Echo, and the premium Echo Plus. The ‘Echo’ and ‘Echo Plus’ come with price tags of Rs 9,999 and Rs 14,999 respectively.
According to the announcement, the Amazon Echo speakers will be available for purchase on the e-commerce portal, along with offline retailers such as Croma and Reliance Digital Stores.
Alongside the launch of Echo speaker, the e-commerce giant has also introduced Prime Music which is the company’s on-demand online music streaming service. It is said that this service will be currently made available under a preview offer to users who purchase Echo speakers. The service is claimed to be rolled out to everyone over the next few months, which is expected to come along with Amazon Prime subscription.
Further, according to a recent post published on livemint.com, the Indian version of the Echo speakers get an Indian accented voice output. It seems that the voice assistant is trained to understand Indian accents along with certain words in Hindi and other regional language. However, English would be the primary language for input for now.
TAGS: Amazon Echo
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000