Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:18 19th Apr, 2017
Meet Xiaomi's Flagship Killer: The Mi 6
The powerful handset comes with elegant design and competitive pricing.
China's biggest tech start-up, Xiaomi unveiled its latest flagship the Mi 6. The phone has a classy metal frame sandwiched between glass panels. The handset is splash resistant.
The Mi 6 packs-in a 5.15-inch Full HD screen. This is Xiaomi's first phone to flaunt a dual-camera setup on the back. The 12-megapixel rear camera uses a wide-angle lens and telephoto lens to offer depth of field tricks. The camera is also equipped OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) for better low-light performance. For selfies, there's an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Xiaomi has gone all guns blazing with Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 835 chipset. It also has whopping 6 GB RAM to keep up with all your multitasking madness.
Among other things, you get ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, whcih works through the glass. Thanks to the onboard infrared sensor, you can use this device as a universal remote. The 4G LTE phone comes with dual-SIM support. You get dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC. The 3350 mAh battery supports Qualcomm's Quick Charge 3.0.
On the software side of things, the phone runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. of course, it has Xiaomi's MIUI 8 on top. The phone is pegged at 2499 yuan in China. In India, the Xiaomi Mi 6 is expected to cost Rs 24,000.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000