Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:26 06th Oct, 2016
Google's Pixel Phones Cost A Bomb In India
The base model of Google's iPhone 7 competitor is priced at Rs 57,000.
Google is taking on the iPhone 7 with its Pixel series phones. The search giant is not only trying to match the premium feel of Apple's devices, but also the pricing part. As revealed by the search-giant itself on its official blog, the Pixel phone's base model will cost you Rs 57,000. However, the blog article does not disclose the cost of other variants. If MySmartPrice.com's product listings are to be believed, the 128 GB storage option will be pegged at Rs 66,000. The Pixel XL (32 GB) will set you back for Rs 67,000, whereas the top model burn a Rs 76,000 hole in your pocket!
The Pixel is Google's first phone made inside and out by the company. I'm sure that's reason enough for the Android fans to get excited. However, it will be interesting to see if the handset will find many takers in the value conscious market such as India. Especially, considering that even Apple is losing its ground in India due to its exuberant pricing.
The Pixel and Pixel XL will be up for pre-booking starting October 13 in India. Both these handsets are powered by the powerful Snapdragon 821 chip with 4 GB RAM. In the photography department, you get a 12-megapixel main camera with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation). For selfies, there's an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. Other features include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, and A-GPS. On the software front, the Pixel phones will run Android 7.1 Nougat out-of-the-box.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000