Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:11 20th Sep, 2016
SanDisk's New SD Card Offers More Storage Than Your Macbook Pro
With this 1 terabyte card your camera is unlikely to run out of storage often.
American brand SanDisk, known for its storage solutions, has revealed a 1 TB (terabyte) SDXC card. Currently, in the prototype phase, it is aimed to address the storage issues in newer 4K cameras and surveillance systems. Even DSLR users won't mind parting with a good amount of money to ensure that their camera will not run out of storage often.
The first SD card I ever bought had 64 MB storage capacity. From such humble beginnings, the storage cards have definitely come a long way. Back in 2014, the company had introduced a 512 Extreme PRO SDXC card. Only within a couple of years, the folks at SanDisk have managed to double the storage capacity. It all sounds crazy especially when you consider than Apple is still selling its premium Macbook Pro laptops in 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB variants. As mentioned earlier, the card hasn't hit the factory flood. However, if you want to speculate about the pricing, it is likely to cost more than an average mid-range or premium smartphone. Its 512 GB predecessor was launched for $800, but is now available for $275. On a related note, SanDisk was recently acquired by Western Digital for a whopping $19 billion.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000