Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12:29 05th Aug, 2015
Sony Unveils The Xperia C5 Ultra And M5
The MediaTek powered phones bet big on selfie cameras.
Sony may not be doing great in the smartphone industry, but it hasn't given up for sure. Irony is that the waterproof phones are something that seems to be drowning the company. The Japanese electronic giant unveiled two smartphones — Xperia C5 Ultra and Xperia M5.
For these Xperia phones, Sony has turned to MediaTek chipsets. First-up, the C5 Ultra is powered by an octa-core MTK6752 SoC (System-on-Chip) clocked at 1.7 GHz. The phone has 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and microSD card slot. For selfie aficionados, there's a 13 megapixel front-facing camera. The rear camera too has a same megapixel count. Both cameras boast of Exmor RS sensor.
The C5 Ultra features a large 6" Full HD display. The IPS panel is encased in a thin bezel. The phone has an aluminium frame and it comes in three colours — black, mint, and white.
The M5 is the waterproof one among the two. It features the capless USB design seen in recent Sony flagship phones. The M5 is backed by the 64-bit octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 chip clocked at 2 GHz. It has 3 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot.
This phone offers a more acceptable 5-inch screen size. Sony hasn't mentioned the use of IPS technology, so we assume that the screen type is normal TFT LCD. In the photography department, you get 21.5 megapixel rear camera. There's a 13 megapixel front-facing snapper too.
The Xperia C5 Ultra and M5 are expected to release in a couple of weeks. As of now, Sony hasn't shed any light on the pricing.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have