12:16 27th Jul, 2015
Apple To Open More Than 500 Stores With Authorised Mobility Resellers
While the stores will be owned by individual resellers, Apple will design the stores and train the staff
Buoyed by the 93 percent growth of iPhone sales in India, there are reports that Apple is looking at increasing the number of physical stores in India through Authorised Mobility Resellers (AMR) programme.
Until last year, India was never high on Cupertino giant’s wish list. According to NDTV Apple is planning to open more than 500 stores across 12 cities and will offers all Apple’s offerings along with third-party accessories.
Apple has also posted several jobs, which can be linked to the new programme. The striking among them is the Program Manager – AMR, where the JD states “She/he will focus on end to end program management of AMR stores – from AMR partner selection, location selection, program management of build out and hand over to the AMR partner/ Apple sales team.”
A few days ago, there were reports that Apple may open exclusive stores in India, but this might answer the question. Apparently Apple is choosy about the retailers.
While the stores will be owned and operated by individual retailers, they will have to adhere by the Apple guidelines when it comes to size and design. Apple will take care of even the training of the staff.
It will be interesting to see whether it will allow the stores to sell Apple products at a discounted price. There are a few online marketplaces that sell company’s products below the MRP.
Time and again Apple has turned a blind eye towards these practices. Will Apple allow similar price cutting in these new stores? The success of physical stores may depend on the answer to this question.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499