09:51 24th Jun, 2015
WhatsApp Voice Calling Arrives On Windows Phone
Comes with another interesting update.
Windows Phone fans can now rejoice as WhatsApp is rolling out a new update that finally brings Voice over IP (VoIP) calling to the platform. Calling aside, WhatsApp decided to be generous and added something new, with the ability to send audio files via chats.
The update tagged as version 2.12.60 will now let you place voice calls via your internet connection for free. WhatsApp will need an active Wi-Fi or data connection to deliver the same.
Voice calls aside, WhatsApp also adds the ability to send across audio files. The feature however, is limited to devices that have Windows Phone 8.1+ installed and nothing less.
There are also a number of tiny notable improvements overall and the updated app also shows an unread messages count in the header. Sharing across other apps also seems to have improved to an extent.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have