11:45 16th Jun, 2015
Samsung Announces Its Galaxy Tab E In Taiwan
‘E’ for economical.
Samsung has announced its all-new Galaxy Tab E for the Taiwanese markets. The Tab E is clearly a budget solution and will appeal to those looking out for a tablet with Google’s Android software in it.
The tablet goes budget with the hardware, but looks a lot better than similarly priced options in the current market. There is a matte finish plastic (which although understated does look like a refresh) all around with the back sporting a grippy, textured finish.
Looks aside, its the internals that are bare bones, but will get you up and running if all you want are the basics.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E does not even pack in Android 5.0 Lollipop, but comes with Android 4.4 KitKat (wonder how Google allowed this, keeping its new OEM policies in mind) along with the usual heaviness of Samsung’s TouchWiz layer.
As for the hardware:
- We get a 9.6 inch 1280 x 800 pixels touchscreen display
- Inside, there is a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM and paired with 8 GB of internal memory (expandable)
- As for the cameras, we have a 5 MP unit on the back and 2 MP selfie shooter up front
- Wi-Fi is the only connectivity option as there are no radios with mobile data for now (another model with the same will be announced later)
- The tablet is 8.5 mm thin and weighs 490 gms that also includes the 5000 mAh battery
Pricing of the Samsung Galaxy Tab E will begin from 226 USD (approx. Rs 15,000) which is a bit high considering its specs. The tablet will be launched in Taiwan by the end of the month and while Samsung has not confirmed anything yet, expect it to make its way to India as well.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones