14:53 15th Jun, 2015
Twitter Raises Direct Message Character Limit To 10,000 Characters
With this new update, Twitter is likely to take over Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.
Twitter has recently raised its character limit on direct messages from 140 to a whopping 10,000 with an aim of taking over the likes of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
As we all know, even though Twitter was pretty famous to share updates, it was not able to take the place of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger when it came to personal conversation.
The main constraint as we all might have faced was the character limit which Twitter had imposed.
But, now, it seems that the micro blogging website wants you to have endless conversations without having to leave the website.
This looks like a great step by the company to play safe with stiff competition around the neck.
However, this update is said to be only applicable to direct messages and Tweets will continue to be limited to 140 characters as they are even today.
Also, this update will certainly not going to change life for regular users, except for those who use Twitter for chats with their followers.
Yet, we may suspect this update to draw in some regular users to use the chat facility.
To recall, Twitter has also recently added the ability to share links and tweets via direct message while also introducing group chat features in it.
However, to conclude, with the new update, Twitter is clearly telling that there is still much more to come.
- FOSSIL LAUNCHES GEN5 SMARTWATCHES IN INDIA
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones