12:49 12th Jan, 2015
Meizu May Announce An Ubuntu Touch-Powered Device This Month
The company plans to announce 3 devices in all, by the end of January.
Meizu will be announcing 3 new devices by the end of January. The news leaked out from a Weibo account called ChinaUbuntu; that shows a teaser which has some unusual text on it.
The image (below) shows text that translates to “3 happiness”. Something that could imply the number of devices that the Chinese smartphone maker plans to announce.
What interests us from this leaked news is that this could be Meizu’s first Ubuntu-powered smartphone. This makes sense because the image comes from a source that has to do with Ubuntu and more so because we have seen leaked images that show the Meizu MX4 running the software.
If Meizu does go ahead with the launch, this will indeed be Ubuntu’s first step into the smartphone market ever since the KickStarter funding for its own smartphone, failed to reach its goal.
Indeed, this does not comes from Meizu itself, so we will still have to wait until the official teaser surfaces online.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones