Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:24 19th Sep, 2012
MWC 2012: Sony Mobile Unveils Xperia P And U
The Xperia P is a metal-clad 4" Android, while the Xperia U settles for plastic and a 3.5" screen.
Sony Mobile has announced two new additions to its Xperia family at the Mobile World Congress 2012: the Xperia P and Xperia U. Of the two, the Xperia P features a brushed aluminium finish and is powered by a dual-core 1 GHZ CPU with 1 GB of RAM. Its 4" screen has pixel dimensions of 540x960 and features the company's White Magic technology, which promises superior outdoor readability. Other than that, it comes with an 8 mp main and 0.3 mp front camera, 16 GB of internal storage, HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, and a 1300 mAh battery. However, a microSD card slot is absent.
The Xperia U packs in a 1 GHz CPU and 512 of RAM. The phone's 3.5" screen has pixel dimensions of 480x854. Other specs include 8 GB of internal storage and a 5 mp camera. All the connectivity options are same as that in the Xperia P, except for NFC and HDMI. Reportedly, both devices will be launched globally after April. Initially, the handsets will run Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) out of the box, but are expected to get the ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) update soon after release.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have