14:25 02nd Sep, 2014
ASUS ZenWatch To Be Available This October; Price Bracket Gets Confirmed
Pricing details of the much-awaited smartwatch get leaked a day before the announcement.
While the ASUS ZenWatch is not exactly going to be the hottest Android Wear-powered smartwatch to be announced at the IFA Berlin, it may as well be the cheapest one to be available when it launches in October. While previous leaks did point out to an ASUS smartwatch with a lower price tag, a report by a Taiwanese journal has confirmed that the smartwatch will indeed be launched at sub-199 USD (approx. 12000 INR ) price tag.
Since the launch of the LG G Watch before the Google I/O event this year, smartwatches have not exactly been priced right as we all though it would be. Out here in India the boxy LG G Watch is still retailing for Rs 14,999 with Samsung’s Gear Live being priced slightly higher. ASUS is all out to break this pricing barrier by introducing its ZenWatch at lower price, which from the teaser sketches also looks a lot slimmer that the chubby Moto 360 as well.
While the report from Taiwan also mentions that the wearable will begin sales in October, that would be only for the US and a few lucky markets. Well, there is just a day to go for the official announcement, so there not much waiting left to do.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499