Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:52 14th May, 2014
Sony Unveils A Sensibly-Sized Xperia A2 In Japan
The handset features an HD screen and 20.7 megapixel camera.
Sony has announced compact 4.3-inch handset Xperia A2 with a 20.7 megapixel camera. The phone features an HD screen with X-Reality engine. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 800 SoC clocked at 2.2 GHz. You get 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and microSD card slot. The 2300 mAh battery comes with Sony's STAMINA mode. The phone adheres to IP58 (Ingress Protection) standards, which means it is water and dust resistant. The design is very much like the Xperia Z1 Compact, save for the matte finish on the A2.
The 20.7-megapixel camera is backed by G lens and Exmor R sensor for better low-light performance. The camera is capable of recording Full HD videos. For video chatting there's a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera. Connectivity features include LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, MHL, and NFC.
Despite all these features, Sony has managed to keep its thickness to 9.7 mm. The Xperia A2 comes in white, black, purple, orange, and pink. It will launch next month on Japan's NTT Docomo network. The device is unlikely to see an International launch. Instead, Sony will launch the Xperia Z2 Compact India and Europe. Before leaving this page, don't forget to watch the following Japanese promo video.
- FOSSIL LAUNCHES GEN5 SMARTWATCHES IN INDIA
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones