14:29 30th Jan, 2012
India's First Cloud-Based e-tutor tablet Launched
Targeted at students, the Rs 7,500 device will be available from April.
After creating a flutter with the Aakash Tablet, the Indian government has launched the country's first cloud-based tablet for school students, called the e-tutor tablet. Sam Pitroda, advisor to the Prime Minister, unveiled the Rs 7,500 tab that will come with built-in educational content and will be available from April onwards. It is a collaborated effort between e-tutor and Oztern Technology and targeted at students from Class 1 to 12.
Ranjith Balan, founder and Managing Director of e-tutor said, "The teacher can easily explain concepts using the digital whiteboard that is set up in the Tablet PC. Using e-tutor learning tablet the students can access what was taught in the classroom and can also access the collaborative learning platform for discussions on relevant topics". Built using Microsoft Windows Azure, the device will be updated periodically with relevant content through a "unique cloud-tablet synch mechanism".
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020