14:29 30th Jan, 2012
India's First Cloud-Based e-tutor tablet Launched
Targeted at students, the Rs 7,500 device will be available from April.
After creating a flutter with the Aakash Tablet, the Indian government has launched the country's first cloud-based tablet for school students, called the e-tutor tablet. Sam Pitroda, advisor to the Prime Minister, unveiled the Rs 7,500 tab that will come with built-in educational content and will be available from April onwards. It is a collaborated effort between e-tutor and Oztern Technology and targeted at students from Class 1 to 12.
Ranjith Balan, founder and Managing Director of e-tutor said, "The teacher can easily explain concepts using the digital whiteboard that is set up in the Tablet PC. Using e-tutor learning tablet the students can access what was taught in the classroom and can also access the collaborative learning platform for discussions on relevant topics". Built using Microsoft Windows Azure, the device will be updated periodically with relevant content through a "unique cloud-tablet synch mechanism".
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow