Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
15:07 13th Feb, 2014
Apple iPhone 6 To Feature Sony's Camera Sensors
The device is expected to release early next year.
Apple is in discussion with Sony Corporation for supply of sensors for upcoming iPhone, probably called the iPhone 6. According to Nikkei, Japan’s largest business daily, the new iPhone is slated to roll out as early as next year. At present, Sony Corporation supplies CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor) sensors for the iPhone 5S rear mounted cameras. The report says that the iPhone maker would not only use Sony's sensors for the main camera. but also the front-facing snapper. It's said that Sony probably supplies Apple with more than 100 million sensors per year, with majority of them for iPhones. According to rumours iPhone 6 would have advanced version of the camera, an upgrade from 8 megapixel module found on the 5S.
Apart from Sony, the Cupertino tech giant sources components from companies like Sharp and Samsung. From whatever info we have right now, it's safe to assume that the next iPhone is coming soon with an improved camera. So if you're an Apple fan, start saving money.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499