15:12 20th Jan, 2012
Mercury Launches New Android Tablet
The mTab2 with a dual-core processor comes for just Rs 12,000.
Kobian has launched yet another Android tablet under its Mercury brand - the mTab2. The successor to the original mTab comes with a 7" WVGA capacitive multi-touch screen and is powered by a dual-core 1 GHz Cortex A9 processor with a 3D accelerator. Running on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), this device has 8 GB of built-in memory, which can be expanded to 32 GB via a microSD slot. Its predecessor had a similar screen, but with a 1.2 GHz single-core processor and 4 GB of built-in memory.
The mTab2 has a USB 2.0 port to connect various devices such as a keyboard and mouse. Its USB host feature lets you access the contents of connected USB mass storage media, such as pen drives. It also claims to support most of the USB 3G dongles, providing internet connectivity while on the move. It supports video chat through a VGA front camera. Wi-Fi is available to connect to hotspots. The tab offers Flash 10.2 support to facilitate smoother online videos, and the HDMI port allows you to connect a larger display device. Although details are sparse, we can assume it will support popular formats such as DivX, MPG, and MP4 up to 1080p, like its predecessor.
Backed by a 1-year warranty, the Mercury mTab2 is priced at just Rs 12,000, which is quite affordable for a dual-core tablet.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499