00:28 10th Dec, 2013
Facebook May Soon "Sympathise" With You
Contemplates on adding a sympathise option for sad status updates.
Do you have friends who hit "Like" on your "dog just died" status update? Are you looking for true friends that won't be that insensitive? Well, then GET OFF Facebook! Or, just wait till the 'Sympathise' Button comes to life. If reports on the Huffington Post is to be believed, the social network is toying with the idea of making it a reality. At one of Facebook's recent hackathons the idea of creating a "sympathise" would popup on "gloomier status updates", which would be indicated by a "negative emotion from Facebook's fixed list of feelings", the "like" button would be automatically turn to "sympathise."
The idea was made public at Facebook's Compassion Research Day talk, where FB engineer Dan Muriello said, "It would be, 'five people sympathize with this,' instead of 'five people ‘like’ this,'" said Muriello. "Which of course a lot of people were -- and still are -- very excited about. But we made a decision that it was not exactly the right time to launch that product. Yet."
Damn it, that means I don't get to hit Sympathize on my friends' just married/engaged statuses? How Sad indeed!
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499