Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
00:39 14th Jan, 2012
Fans Hurl Eggs At Apple Store In China!
Crowd turned unruly as iPhone 4S launch gets cancelled over security concerns.
Hype has been one of the reasons behind Apple's tremendous success. However, it can backfire at times, and at the iPhone 4S Chinese launch, it actually did.
In a typical "fanapple" fashion, Chinese guys spent an entire night outside the Apple Store, battling Beijing's below-freezing temperature of - 9 degree C. If that wasn't unfortunate enough, the Apple staff decided not to open the store seeing larger than expected crowd. Little wonder then, these frustrated would-be customers started throwing eggs at the glistening glass-panels of the store. Finally, police had to disperse the crowd and cordon off the area. Reportedly, a few people were injured in the chaos.
In response, Apple has temporarily suspended the sales of iPhone 4S through its retail stores in mainland China. Nevertheless, the gadget will be available via Apple's online store and local carriers.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones