01:08 17th Sep, 2012
CES 2012: Acer Announces ICONIA Tab A700
10" quad-core tablet unveiled at CES 2012.
Acer unveiled a new Android tablet at CES today, which is one of the first quad-core tablet announcements of the day, followed by the Lenovo IdeaTab K2. Like the IdeaTab K2 the Acer ICONIA Tab A700 features a quad core Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset, with each core clocked at 1.3 GHz. The device features a 10" Full HD (1080p) IPS technology panel, which isn't IPS, but uses the same technology. According to Engadget, it comes with a unique "ring" launcher, which lets users launch certain shortcuts within the lockscreen.
The gadget also features a microSD card slot, HDMI port, and micro-USB port. Utilizing 1 GB of RAM and OEM customization, the tablet features a 5 mp rear camera with a flash. The 9,800 mAh battery will ensure long usage hours. Acer will launch the A700 with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Pricing and availability details are yet to be announced.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow