01:08 17th Sep, 2012
CES 2012: Acer Announces ICONIA Tab A700
10" quad-core tablet unveiled at CES 2012.
Acer unveiled a new Android tablet at CES today, which is one of the first quad-core tablet announcements of the day, followed by the Lenovo IdeaTab K2. Like the IdeaTab K2 the Acer ICONIA Tab A700 features a quad core Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset, with each core clocked at 1.3 GHz. The device features a 10" Full HD (1080p) IPS technology panel, which isn't IPS, but uses the same technology. According to Engadget, it comes with a unique "ring" launcher, which lets users launch certain shortcuts within the lockscreen.
The gadget also features a microSD card slot, HDMI port, and micro-USB port. Utilizing 1 GB of RAM and OEM customization, the tablet features a 5 mp rear camera with a flash. The 9,800 mAh battery will ensure long usage hours. Acer will launch the A700 with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Pricing and availability details are yet to be announced.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance