22:26 27th Sep, 2011
Genius Launches USB-Powered Speakers
Tiny speakers come in four jazzy colours.
For those who want better sound from their laptops, Genius has launched a pair of USB-powered speakers, SP-U115.
Each of these speakers has a 50 mm driver with a rated RMS output of 1.5 W. While the USB plug powers up these speakers, a 3.5 mm audio jack plugs into the audio port of the notebook, PC, or even a media player to play the audio. A volume knob is provided on the side to adjust the volume.
The tiny speakers are available in a choice of four glossy front covers to choose from: shiny black, sapphire blue, ruby red, and grass white.The company claims that these speakers sound louder and better than stock laptop speakers. While that may have been the case a few years ago, we are not really sure if it is still the case, because most laptops now come with better speakers. That being said, netbooks and tablets can certainly benefit from the SP-U115. A battery power option would have certainly benefited them, especially when being carried around to play music from a tablet, mobile phone, or an MP3 player.
The Genius SP-U115 is available at a suggested retail price of Rs 536 with a 1-year warranty.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones