14:57 26th Feb, 2013
Pune Airtel 4G Subscribers Can Make Voice Calls
Airtel will use Nokia Siemens' network to provide the 4G voice calling facility.
Bharti Airtel will soon offer voice calling to its 4G customers in Pune, through the Nokia Siemens network. This technology enables Airtel GSM customers to initiate/receive voice calls along with getting access to their respective voice mail. Airtel states that the 4G data services will remain intact along with the entire voice calling process.
"The solution will enable our 4G customers to enjoy high-quality voice services and ultra-fast data services on TD-LTE platform - thereby allowing them to have a unified experience on a 4G handset", said Jagbir Singh, CTO and Director-Network Services Group, Bharti Airtel, in a release.
Bharti Airtel has already been providing its 4G services in the telecom circles of Kolkata and Bangalore.
An earlier ruling by Telecom Commission allows telecom companies possessing valid ISP licences and 4G spectrum, to provide voice calling services. To provide this service, telcos need to pay Rs 1,658 crore as fees.
Airtel Claims To Empower Rural Subscribers With Apna Chaupal
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have