14:18 31st Dec, 2012
Google India Lights A Candle On Its Homepage For Delhi Rape Victim
Instead of the year-end doodle, a tribute to "the Delhi braveheart" appears with a plain-vanilla Google logo.
Instead of its usual doodle — one that marks the end of the year — Google India has put up a small white candle as a tribute to the young rape victim from Delhi who breathed her last in Singapore and was cremated in the capital on Saturday. The candle appears below the search box with the mouse-over tooltip text reading, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Google US had done something similar earlier this month — a logo as a tribute to the kids who died in an elementary school shootout. That logo read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut."
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020