14:18 31st Dec, 2012
Google India Lights A Candle On Its Homepage For Delhi Rape Victim
Instead of the year-end doodle, a tribute to "the Delhi braveheart" appears with a plain-vanilla Google logo.
Instead of its usual doodle — one that marks the end of the year — Google India has put up a small white candle as a tribute to the young rape victim from Delhi who breathed her last in Singapore and was cremated in the capital on Saturday. The candle appears below the search box with the mouse-over tooltip text reading, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Google US had done something similar earlier this month — a logo as a tribute to the kids who died in an elementary school shootout. That logo read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut."
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-