12:51 22nd Dec, 2012
Google's Doodle Celebrates The National Mathematical Year
Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's 125th birthday is observed as National Mathematics Day in the country.
Not very many people warm up to mathematics, and that 22nd December is celebrated as National Mathematics Day in India (and State IT Day in Tamil Nadu) is not a well-known fact. The day happens to be Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's birthday. Today being his 125th birth anniversary, the year is being observed as the National Mathematical Year.
Ramanujan, mastered maths and discovered sophisticated theorems on his own by the age of 13. By the age 16, he dropped out of college to pursue independent research in mathematics. He was graced with a B.A. degree by research (which is now known as PhD) in March 1916 by the Trinity College, Cambridge for his work on highly composite numbers, part one of which was published as a paper in the Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. In 1918, he earned Fellowship at Trinity College, Cambridge: a first by any Indian.
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020