00:40 21st Jul, 2012
LG Launches Two Android 4.0 Phones: The 4.7" Optimus 4X HD (Rs 35,000) And 4" Optimus L5 (Rs 13,200)
Quad-core 4X packs in a 1.5 GHz CPU and dual cameras (8 mp rear, 1.3 mp front), while the L5 has an 800 MHz CPU and 5 mp main snapper.
A couple of months ago, we saw the launch of two quad-core Android smartphones: the HTC One X and Samsung GALAXY S III. A little late in the day, LG has launched its quad-core offering in the Indian market with the Optimus 4X HD (P880).
Announced at MWC 2012, the 4X packs in a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor at 1.5 GHz with 1 GB of RAM, and runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box. Its 4.7" IPS screen has a display size of 720x1280 and is powered by a 2150 mAh battery that claims a talk time of 9 hours on 2G and 10 hours on 3G. This seems odd, since it's known that 3G connections use more power. Last but not the least, it also sports an 8 mp primary camera and 1.3 mp front camera. Other features include:
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz) and tri-band 3G (UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz) operation.
- 5.2" (l) x 2.7" (w) x 0.4" (8.9 mm) (d), 141 grammes.
- FM radio, A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio jack, 64 GB microSD slot, accelerometer.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, NFC.
- 8 mp rear camera with auto-focus, face tracking, panorama, HDR, geo-tagging, and 1080p video recording at 30 fps.
- Video codecs: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, DivX.
- Audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, supports Bluetooth A2DP for playback.
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 2150 mAh - Stand-by: 730 hrs (2G), 680 hrs (3G); Talk time: 9 hrs (2G), 10 hrs (3G).
The LG Optimus 4X HD is priced at Rs 35,000. Regardless of the pricing though, it may already have lost the quad-core battle due to its late entry in the market. What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
Along with the 4X HD, LG also unveiled a mid-range offering, the Optimus L5 (E610). The L5 also runs ICS, with an 800 MHz processor and 512 MB of RAM. It has a 4" HVGA screen with pixel dimensions of 320x480, and a 5 mp rear camera. The rest of the specifications are as follows:
- Quad-band GSM, Dual-band 3G support.
- 1540 mAh battery.
- 4.5" (l) x 2.6" (w) x 0.4" (d) (9.6 mm).
- FM Radio, A-GPS, accelerometer.
- 2 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD slot.
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), USB 2.0, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC.
The LG Optimus L5 is priced at a competitive Rs 13,200.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have