16:11 10th Sep, 2019
What to Expect From Apple Launch Event on Sept 10
The iPhone 11 series is going to take the center stage at the launch event.
Tech and gadget enthusiasts are geared up for one of the biggest events of the year in tech, where Apple is going to unveil its next-generation iPhones at an event in Cupertino today, on September 10. The countdown has already begun.
While in the past Apple provided a live stream link only on its Safari browser or on the Microsoft Edge browser, this year for the first time Apple fans will be able to watch the unveiling of the awaited iPhone 11 lineup on YouTube.
You can also catch the action on Apple's official Twitter account as well, something that was introduced only last year. Chrome and Firefox will also be able to live stream the event.
iPhones to grab the spotlight
The iPhone 11 series is going to take the center stage at the launch event. Apple is expected to announce three new phone models, replacing the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR with the rumored iPhone 11, 11 Max/11 Pro and 11R. The phones will likely add better cameras, faster processors and iOS 13.
As far as the cost of the devices is concerned, reports indicate that the base variant of iPhone 11 is likely to cost around $749, which translates to Rs 53,800 approx, in India and the base variant of iPhone XR at around Rs 77,000.
The iPhone 11 Max is believed to be the highest-priced variant of the lot. It will reportedly feature a 6.5-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2,688 x 1,242 pixels and 458 ppi screen density. The smartphone will apparently come with Face ID and Apple Pencil support. Pricing of the iPhone 11 Max is believed to start at $1,099, which is about Rs 79,000 as per current exchange rate.
Analysts however are speculating that the unreleased iPhone 11 will be a disappointment and not attract the buyers despite the hype Apple has been creating.
Apple Watch Series 5
Besides iPhones, like last year, Apple is also expected to announce the upgrade to its Apple Watch. The company is expected to update the device with the new S5 chipset. This year's Apple Watch is likely to feature an OLED display and come with sleep tracking technology, with some sites suggesting, Apple could be adding a Sleep tracking feature to the device as well. New strap colors are also expected.
Apple is also expected to announce 16-inch MacBook Pro or at least give a clue about this much awaited product at this event.
The event begins at 10 am PT at the Steve Jobs Theater on Apple's campus in Cupertino, California (For people in India, the event will begin at 10.30 pm IST).
Watch out this space!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones