23:33 20th Jan, 2019
Samsung M Series Smartphones With Waterdrop Notch To Cost Under Rs 20,000
Samsung's new line-up is expected to take on the likes of Xiaomi, Honor, and Zenfone.
Yes, you heard that right. Samsung, which decided not to give into the notch madness, is finally making peace with this design element. However, the South Korean brand is going with less distracting waterdrop notch for its upcoming M series of phones. Samsung is calling it ‘Infinity V’ and ‘Infinity U’ displays. The company has also spilled some beans about the line-up in a latest teaser.
Both M series handsets are expected to feature a unibody design. The tiny notch at the top of the display carries the front selfie shooter. The bottom chin is fairly slim and all things considered should provide a very good screen-to-body to the handset. The rear is conservatively styled with a vertical dual camera setup, fingerprint sensor, and the is seen flaunting the Samsung logo. One interesting revelation is that the device is seen with a USB Type-C connector at the bottom. Fortunately, Samsung seems to have taken a leaf out of Nokia’s book and decide to plonk the Type-C connector on its midrange device. Audiophiles would be happy to see the 3.5mm audio jack at the bottom. The phone will be powered a massive 5000 mAh battery.
The devices are said to powered by an octacore Exynos 7885 SoC (System on Chip), which is built on the 14nm process. This home-grown 7-series chipset of Samsung is found on the likes of A7 (2018), A8, and A8 Star. It definitely has the power to shame the Snapdragon 636 SoC and even challenge the Snapdragon 660 SoC by Qualcomm.
Interesting times ahead as Samsung has adopted new stretegy for the Indian market. The company already has an immense brand value amongst the masses and it has been milking the offline smartphone industry for a very long time. The brick-and-mortar market in India still constitutes for about 60 percent of the total sales. However, the online market is predominantly owned by like of Xiaomi, Honor, Asus, and OnePlus. Samsung has finally realised this threat and wants to go head-on against these Chinese rivals. So much so that according to some birdies the M-series smartphones would start from as low as Rs. 10,000 and go up till Rs. 20,000 and offer tremendous bang for the buck. This is a huge step and in a right direction for Samsung we would say. Samsung is launching the devices on 28 January and will be online exclusive products on Amazon India.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499