Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:36 15th Dec, 2016
Netflix Strikes A Deal With Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan
Under this deal, Shah Rukh's movies will be exclusively available on Netflix.
The video streaming subscription business is still in its nascent stage in India. Yet, the race for supremacy in this emerging segment is already heating up. Just yesterday, Amazon launched its Prime Video streaming service in India. The e-commerce company will compete with Netflix and Hotstar. Amazon is off to a flying start thanks to aggressive pricing. Its yearly subscription costs Rs 499. In comparison, Netflix charges Rs 500 per month.
To counter this move, Netflix has sealed a deal with the Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan. Making an announcement, Netflix India tweeted this: "We are now the global home to the biggest Indian film star @iamsrk".
With the new deal, all the movies under Shah Rukh's production house Red Chillies will be exclusively available on Netflix. This also includes future releases for the next three years. Needless to say, SRK is one of the biggest draw for the Indian audience. However, it will be interesting to see if that's enough to offset the huge pricing difference between the two services.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499