Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:20 25th Oct, 2016
Latest WhatsApp Beta Update Enables Video Calls On Android
The chat app is prepping to take on Skype and FaceTime.
Facebook's biggest acquisition till date, WhatsApp is ready to take on the likes of Skype and FaceTime. The chat app with over a billion users across the word is beta testing the video calling function. The feature was first detected back in May, but was rolled back for some reasons. If the beta testing goes well, the feature may make it to the stable build this time around.
You too may try out the video calling feature by installing the beta (2.16.318) from this link. In order to do so, you will first have to enable installation from 'Unknown Sources' in your phone's settings. The video call option will only appear in front of the contacts that are running the beta (2.16.318) build.
Ideally, you need a broadband Wi-Fi or at least 3G connectivity for this feature to work properly. Also, please keep it in mind that video calls use a lot of data.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499