Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Nov 2013
The 808 was a breakthrough in mobile phone photography, and a fitting tribute to Nokia’s Symbian platform. Its 41 megapixel camera, backed by Zeiss optics, offered incredibly detailed photographs in daylight. On the other hand, the Lumia 920 produced amazing low-light images with its Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) coupled with a Back Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor. Little wonder then that Nokia fused these two technologies in its latest flagship, the Lumia 1020. So does it really shine in both the normal and low-light conditions?
Well, we’re testing the phone thoroughly, and while the final touches are being applied to the review, here are some interesting snaps taken with the Nokia Lumia 1020. You may already know that the 1020's Nokia Camera software offers DLSR-like settings. Using this app, you can play around with shutter speed, white balance, ISO, exposure, and focus. Note that even slow-shutter shots are achieved without a tripod. Why? Well, the good people from Nokia forgot to send us the camera grip despite reminders.
The image embedded below was clicked in a pitch-dark room. The only source of light in this image is the Lumia 1020's powerful flat-capacitor Xenon flash.
To check the sharpness, we've cropped a small portion of the above image.
Surprisingly, there's hardly any blur around the droplets.
This low-light image has been shot keeping the shutter speed to 2 seconds. Exposure value brought down by a unit to enhance the yellows.
Another example of low-light imaging with slow-shutter (1.3 seconds in this case).
One more, near Currey Road Railway Station.
Shot at Marine Drive in the afternoon.
When taking the picture, I didn't notice a dragonfly in the frame. But the camera did. Check out the cropped shot below.
Depth of field achieved using manual focus options.
Random click at the mall.
But then, we found something interesting.
Stud-boy posing for his new Facebook display picture to the "right" camera.
Khozema Agarwala contributed to this article.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Samples
Take a look at these images shot with the 1020.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499