Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Nov 2013
The 808 was a breakthrough in mobile phone photography, and a fitting tribute to Nokia’s Symbian platform. Its 41 megapixel camera, backed by Zeiss optics, offered incredibly detailed photographs in daylight. On the other hand, the Lumia 920 produced amazing low-light images with its Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) coupled with a Back Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor. Little wonder then that Nokia fused these two technologies in its latest flagship, the Lumia 1020. So does it really shine in both the normal and low-light conditions?
Well, we’re testing the phone thoroughly, and while the final touches are being applied to the review, here are some interesting snaps taken with the Nokia Lumia 1020. You may already know that the 1020's Nokia Camera software offers DLSR-like settings. Using this app, you can play around with shutter speed, white balance, ISO, exposure, and focus. Note that even slow-shutter shots are achieved without a tripod. Why? Well, the good people from Nokia forgot to send us the camera grip despite reminders.
The image embedded below was clicked in a pitch-dark room. The only source of light in this image is the Lumia 1020's powerful flat-capacitor Xenon flash.
To check the sharpness, we've cropped a small portion of the above image.
Surprisingly, there's hardly any blur around the droplets.
This low-light image has been shot keeping the shutter speed to 2 seconds. Exposure value brought down by a unit to enhance the yellows.
Another example of low-light imaging with slow-shutter (1.3 seconds in this case).
One more, near Currey Road Railway Station.
Shot at Marine Drive in the afternoon.
When taking the picture, I didn't notice a dragonfly in the frame. But the camera did. Check out the cropped shot below.
Depth of field achieved using manual focus options.
Random click at the mall.
But then, we found something interesting.
Stud-boy posing for his new Facebook display picture to the "right" camera.
Khozema Agarwala contributed to this article.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Samples
Take a look at these images shot with the 1020.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance