Apple iPhone 5 Review Summary
Old wine in a taller bottle.
Fluid UI; Clean design; Impressive camera; Great sound quality; Long battery life; Excellent for gaming; Rich App Store.
Expensive; A few apps run letterboxed; Lacklustre maps; Limited codec support; Lacks FM Radio; Can't share files over Bluetooth; No mass storage mode.
Apple iPhone 5
MRP: Rs 45,000
Street Price (As On 3-Dec-2012): Approximately Rs 45,000
Here's a quick roundup of what's good and what's not about the latest iPhone. If you'd like to read our comprehensive review, click here.
- iOS 6 is impressively optimised, and offers flawless performance.
- With the right use of aluminium and glass, the iPhone 5 is elegant.
- While the camera hasn't changed much from that on the iPhone 4S, the new Panorama feature is very well-implemented.
- True to its iPod roots, the sound quality is great.
- Compared to its competitors, the phone's battery life is excellent.
- 3D games including Frontline Commando and Real Racing 2 run effortlessly on the new iPhone.
- Apple's app repository offers truckloads of titles.
- At around Rs 45,000, the iPhone 5 is steeply priced.
- Because the screen is bigger, many older apps run letterboxed.
- Apple's Maps are no match for Nokia's or Google's offerings.
- The video player has limited codec support, so you waste a lot of time with converters.
- The "most advanced" phone has no FM Radio.
- It doesn't allow you to share files over Bluetooth.
- There's no USB mass storage mode, leaving you at the mercy of iTunes.
Design And Build Quality: 4/5
Value For Money: 3/5
Overall Rating: 4/5
Click here for our full review of the iPhone 5.
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000