13:24 16th Oct, 2015
Lenovo’s Yoga Tab 3 Features Qualcomm’s Latest Snapdragon 212 Chipset
A budget tablet offering from Lenovo that seems to be an all rounder with voice calling as well.
Lenovo has announced yet another stylish budget tablet offering after the launch of its entry-level Tab 2 A7-20 tablet yesterday. The new Yoga Tab 3, which was showcased at the IFA Berlin, is powered by Android and comes with a practical design that lives up to the Yoga branding at Rs 16,999.
While many would look twice at the Rs 17,000 price tag for a what clearly is budget hardware, Lenovo seems to be banking on the Tab 3’s design ad 4G capabilities for sales.
The design looks unique, but is practical in every way as it allows for four usage modes that include Hold, Stand, Tilt and Hang.
The Yoga Tab 3 also supports 4G LTE bands in India (1800 MHz (Band 3) and 2300 MHz (Band 40) and will act as an all in one solution for those looking for a portable tablet to get things done.
Coming to the innards, Lenovo has utilized Qualcomm’s latest offering, which is an upgrade from the Snapdragon 210 chipset. The Snapdragon 212 utilizes a quad-core set up with ARM Cortex A7 CPUs and an Adreno 304 GPU, both of which can handle an 8 MP camera, Full HD video recording and playback and come with integrated X5 LTE.
Down to the hardware specifications:
- We get an 8 inch HD IPS display (1280 x 720 pixels) along with AnyPen support
- A 1.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC with 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 128 GB)
- For the cameras, we have an 8 MP unit that doubles up as the front facing unit as well, thanks to its rotating mechanism
- In terms of connectivity, we get 4G LTE, 3G bands and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 along with GPS+
- All of the above is powered by a 6200 mAh battery
The Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 will be available in just one colour, slate and is expected to go on sale by late October in India.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000