18:33 21st Aug, 2015
Jolla Opens Up Pre-Orders For Its Sailfish Powered Tablet
Base price for the tablet is EUR 267.
Jolla, a Finnish company founded by ex Nokia employees did carve out a niche market for its first smartphone. Later, it decided to venture into the tablet market with its crowd-sourced device.
Now it seems that Jolla's tablet is finally ready as the company started accepting pre-orders. The tablet comes with two memory options — 32 GB and 64 GB. The base price will be EUR 267 (roughly Rs 20,000), whereas the 64 GB version will set you back for EUR 299 (approx Rs 22,500).
The Jolla tablet features a 7.85" screen with 2048x1536 pixels. The tablet is powered by Intel's 64-bit quad-core Atom processor clocked at 1.8 GHz. It has 2 GB RAM and 32/64 GB storage. There's a microSD card slot for expansion too.
Not that you are going to use a camera a lot on a tablet, but Jolla offers a 5 megapixel snapper anyway. For video calling, you get a 2 megapixel front-facing camera.
Connectivity options include Bluetooth 3.0, A-GPS, Wi-Fi, micro-USB with support for OTG (On-the-Go). The tablet draws power from a 4450 mAh battery.
As for the software, the Jolla tablet runs on a proprietary Sailfish OS 2.0. Multi-tasking will be convenient considering that there is a lot more real estate out here to play around with. Apps will be powered by Android like with the Jolla smartphone.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000