17:43 05th Apr, 2012
Sony Xperia S Comes To India
Second PlayStation-certified smartphone will be available from 10th April; expected to retail at Rs 32,000.
Sony had announced the Xperia S smartphone at the CES earlier this year, and now it has confirmed its availability in India from the 10th of April. This will be the first smartphone to sport the 'Sony' branding, after it took over the entire mobile phone business from Ericsson. This will also be the second smartphone that is PlayStation-certified, and the PSN Store can be accessed with all its contents through this phone.
The Sony Xperia S is a dual-core smartphone having a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon MSM 8206 processor with 1 GB of RAM. The smartphone runs Android 2.3 with an Android 4.0 (ICS) in the future. Xperia S sports a 4.3" high-definition display with pixel dimensions of 1280 x 720. Other features include 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC capability. The 12.1 MP camera uses proprietary Exmor sensor technology to capture HD video and images, even in poor lighting conditions. Sony Xperia S is expected to be available at a price point of Rs 32,000. However, there is an early bird offer to get accessories worth Rs 4000, which includes lifetime 50 GB cloud storage.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets