15:04 26th Jun, 2015
Microsoft May Sell Windows 10 In USB Drive Via Retail Stores
While this is just a rumour, the official announcement is yet to be made by the company.
Rumours are surfacing the internet with reports giving hint on the Microsoft's plan to sell its Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro software in retail stores in USB Pen drives.
It is worth noting that, the German website WinFuture was the first to report that the company will make the latest software upgrade available on flash drives in addition to DVDs on release in retail shops.
While this is just a rumour and the official news is yet to be confirmed by Microsoft as to how it plans to distribute its new OS.
However, users with valid Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 versions are said to eligible for a free upgrade while those who use Windows XP or Vista will have to pay for the upgrade.
The German website also seems to be claiming that both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions will be included and the flash drive will enable install and license only for one computer.Adding more on to this we can remind you that Microsoft has already confirmed the launch date as July 29 and the pricing details as around Rs 7,500 for Windows 10 and Rs 12,600 for the Windows 10 Pro version.
Having said this, Windows 10 brings Cortana integration, the new Edge browser, a new Windows Store, Office 2016 suite, and redesigned Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People, Mail and Calendar apps among other upgrades. It also brings a new feature called Continuum Mode which is designed to help people who are using 2-in-1 computers.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000