Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:35 15th Sep, 2012
New Aakash Tablet Will Launch Next Month
Will feature capacitive screen, faster CPU, and twice the RAM as before.
The new and improved Aakash tablet is all set for an April launch. According to HRD minister, Kapil Sibal, despite the hardware upgrade, the new version will have the same price tag as that of the original.
For starters, the gadget will feature a capacitive touchscreen instead of a resistive one. Under the hood will be a Cortex A8 CPU clocked at 700 MHz. The RAM would also be upped to 512 MB. It's claimed that the device's 3200 mAh battery will keep it running for about 3 hours. The picture isn't as rosy on the software front though, as the new Aakash will be based on the old Android 2.2 (Froyo). On the bright side, it has been speculated that the tablet will have access to the Android Market, now known as the Google Play Store. Sibal said that the first wave of one lakh (lac) tablets will be provided to students from higher technical educational institutions, to garner feedback.
The new Aakash surely has better hardware than the original. However, specs-wise, it's still no match for the PAC-PAD 1.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000