16:16 16th Dec, 2014
LAVA Announces Its Iris Fuel 60 Smartphone With A 4000 mAh Battery
The newest member of the Fuel line up promises up to 32 hours of talk-time on 2G.
Chinese smartphone maker LAVA has announced yet another smartphone to add to its Fuel line-up. The smartphone called the Iris Fuel 60, is basically a budget smartphone that comes with a massive 4000 mAh battery inside.
The company wanted to address the whole battery issue that plagues most Android smartphones these days and decided to strap on a massive one to address the same. While the Fuel 60 does boast of an impressive 32 hour talk-time (2G) on paper, we are pretty sure that the battery unit adds to the weight (174 gms) of the device and will make your pockets heavy. In short adding a large battery isn’t the answer; its software optimisation.
As for the rest of the Fuel 60’s specifications:
- We get a 5 inch IPS display of 1280 x 720 pixel resolution with a layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3 on top
- Inside we find a 1.3 Ghz quad-core processor with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- There is a 10 MP sensor on the back with an LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing unit for selfies
- We get the usual radios, 3G HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Then there is that mammoth 4000 mAh battery that fuels the handset, which is powered by Android KitKat 4.4
The LAVA Iris Fuel 60 comes in black and white, is priced at Rs 8,888 and will be available in stores starting from the 25th of December.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets