12:44 13th Nov, 2014
Google Rolls Out Android Lollipop For Its Nexus Range
If you don't want to wait, you can get it right away, provided you are ready to do a little tinkering with your device.
Nexus owners can finally rejoice, as Google has finally announced that the roll out for the much-awaited Android Lollipop update. The devices that will be receiving the update include the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (both models) and the Nexus 10.
Surely Android Lollipop needs no introductions as it one of the biggest changes that the search giant has delivered for the mobile OS since inception. Even the runtime has changed from the slower Dalvik to the less resource hungry ART, that makes the UX a lot smoother than before, while going easy on your device’s battery life. There is a lot more packed into this update including all those new apps that Google has been rushing to update so that the Android experience is seamless on when you hop on board with your new Lollipop update.
While the roll-out has begun it will indeed be a few days till you will see a notification appear on your Nexus device. But if you are in a hurry and are going to lose your sleep over it, you might as well download the factory images available on Google’s Nexus website and install it manually.
All of this certainly goes to show that Google has indeed worked hard to deliver Android Lollipop. Compare this to iOS 8 which seemed to have had a rough start, with things getting worse with the iPhone 6 Plus, where most of the apps have not been optimised for it yet.
Indeed Google’s Material Design is one of the main reasons why the Android community is excited and waiting for their firmware updates. Hopefully the rest of the manufacturers deliver on time as well.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000