11:40 12th Nov, 2014
Spice Lists Watered-Down Stellar 517 And Stellar 470 On Offical Website
They are watered-down simply because they seem to be variants of the recently launched Stellar 518.
The Spice Stellar 518 was indeed a smartphone built with one single purpose and that is battery life. The smartphone sports a large 4000 mAh battery that could only compete with Micromax, that was the first manufacturer to out a smartphone (Canvas Power A96) with such a massive battery in India. Today Spice has listed two more smartphones that basically offer a Stellar 518, with toned-down specifications and an oddly a similar price tag.
The Stellar 517 and Stellar 470 seem to borrow their hardware bits from the more expensive Stellar 518. When it comes to the specs:
- We get a 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) FWVGA display on the 517, while the 470 gets a smaller 4.7 inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) one
- Next up is the processor, which remains the same as the 518, with a 1.3 GHz, quad-core chipset coupled with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory
- Expandable memory options are available on both devices and can be upgraded all the way up to 32 GB of storage via a micro SD card slot
- The 8 MP primary snapper is standard, but we have a smaller 2 MP unit on the 517 compared to the 3.2 MP front facing unit on the 470
- Both handsets come with dual SIM slots, 3G HSPA+ bands,Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth
- The 517 gets treated to a larger 3000 mAh battery unit, while the Stellar 470 gets puny 1500 mAh one
The Spice Stellar 470 and the Stellar 517.
As you may have guessed by now, the Spice Stellar 470 is the cheaper one of the lot but Spice seems to have balanced things out by offering a better display on it. The price strangely remains the same for both handsets at Rs 7,999 which is a bit odd considering that the battery life is what is important here. As of now there is no news when these handsets will be available in stores as they have only been listed online.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets