11:44 17th Oct, 2014
Panasonic Announces Its T40 Smartphone; A Multi-Tasker On A Budget
The smartphone brings powerful multi-tasking at an entry-level price.
Panasonic has just announced its T40 entry-level smartphone in India. The smartphone comes with the usual entry-level specs, but has been designed to deliver more at a lower price in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 markets.
The Panasonic T40 is indeed not here to break any benchmark records, but has been built as a basic smartphone to run apps along with some casual gaming. One unique feature at this price point is the Pop-i Player that will deliver a video player with better multi-tasking capabilities.
One look at the specs and you will realise that this is an affordable offering in a premium shell after all:
- We get a 4 inch 800 x 480 pixels, capacitive IPS display
- Inside, there is a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable (up to 32 GB)
- The camera department consists of a 5 MP rear camera that comes with an LED flash, while a 2 MP front-facing module takes care of selfies
- The handset sports the usual radios including WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and also sports the dual SIM functionality
- Loaded with Android 4.4.2 and KitKat out of the box, the handset is powered by a 1500 mAh battery, which considering the screen size is pretty much decent
The Panasonic T40 will retail for Rs 5,990 and comes in Bright Red, white and Dark Grey. There is no word on availability just yet.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets