Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:05 19th Sep, 2012
MWC 2012: Nokia Announces Lumia 610, Global Variant Of Lumia 900
Affordable Windows Phone handset plans to take on the mass-market Androids.
Nokia has showcased an affordable Windows Phone (WP) handset, the Lumia 610, at the Mobile World Congress 2012. With this new addition, the Finns have a WP device in every segment of the smartphone market. The 610 is the first WP device powered by a modest 800 MHz CPU, and its RAM is half of Microsoft's initial minimum requirement of 512 MB. It sports a 3.7" LCD with pixel dimensions of 800x480. Other specs include a 5 mp camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 8 GB of internal storage, micro-USB port, and a 1300 mAh battery. The handset measures 4.7" (l) x 2.4 (w) x 0.5" (12 mm) (d), and weighs 132 grammes.
The Lumia 610 will start shipping from April, and will retail at around EUR 190 (approx Rs 12,500). Buyers will get to choose from white, cyan, magenta, and black hues. Needless to say, the handset will compete with affordable Android smartphones, such as the Samsung GALAXY Ace and HTC Wildfire S.
Nokia has also announced a global variant of the Lumia 900. The gadget is exactly like the original, but comes with HSPA network support for countries like India. The handset is expected to cost around EUR 480 (approx Rs 32,000) and will hit markets starting from April. In addition to cyan and black, the handset will also be available in white.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets