15:26 27th Aug, 2014
HTC’s Desire 510 Launched; Brings 4G To The Masses
Delivers a device sporting mid-range hardware along with LTE connectivity.
HTC seems to be a little too focused on delivering handsets in the mid range these days. It recently launched the Desire 310 which was closely followed by the launch of the Desire 516 and later the Desire 616. Now the company has finally announced another mid-range smartphone called the Desire 510 that will deliver 4G on a budget.
When it comes to hardware specifications there is indeed not much to talk about:
- We get a 4.7 inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixel) touch screen display
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC that is clocked at 1.2 GHz coupled with 1 GB of RAM
- There is 8 GB of internal memory that can be expanded thanks to the presence of the a micro SD card slot
- An 8 MP primary camera sits on the back, while a VGA module is available up front
- The handset is fuelled by a 2,100 mAh battery and is powered by Android KitKat version 4.4 with the Sense skinning on top
The handset will be heading for Europe, Asia and United States and is expected to be priced in mid-range.
Back in Feb HTC Chairwoman, Cher Wang told the media that the company would be shifting its focus from premium devices to mid-range ones and indeed the company has delivered. In fact the Taiwanese smartphone maker has even introduced a number of variants at different price points of its flagship HTC One M8 as well, bringing premium hardware to the high-end segment.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets